View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fravashi

re: Hello Folks!!

Hello Everyone!

I'm a new player to LOTRO and new to House of Play! My main is Fravashii, stout dwarven guardian of robust appetite for drink, food, and company.

I haven't played an MMO in awhile (my gaming resume is extensive, both tabletop and electronic) but who doesn't love the Middle Earth lore? While I'm not sure how often I'll be able to play consistently on a long term basis, I will be playing at once a week or so. 

I love to talk about me, or you, or that cool vanity pet or new gear with sucky stats but great look you just found/earned/etc. I work best with a dialogue or audience. Sooo here are my questions for you guys!

Who are you? 
I'm a gamer geek (formerly a nerd, but I am not as smart as I used to be)

Why LOTRO?
Because being able to hang out with hobbits in the shire for my eleventy-first birthday is my real life goal. 

What's your favorite class in game?
I like to tank or magically blow things up. Either way feeds my ego and contents my attention seeking behavior.

Favorite character from the realm of Middle Earth?
I've always like Bilbo and Elrond for different reasons

Top 3 TV Shows?

Psych
House
Firefly

Top 3 Movies?

The Usual Suspects
Star Wars
Glengary Glenross
(Tied with The Last Unicorn, Labryrinth, The Princess Bride, oh gosh so many more, why did I limit to 3?)

Top 3 bands/musical artist?

NIN
Mozart
Jimmy Buffet

Probably the most revealing of all questions . . . in the epic battle of supremacy, do you choose pirates or ninjas?
I am a classically trained ninja working as a pirate. ;) 

Tosca
El Amor Brujo
Leader

Oh, wow! This is fun!! I'll play!

Welcome to House of Play! I've played Lotro now for... some years. Lotro says 5. So it must be true. Have dabbled in other MMO's, but never got caught by them. This one is the one for me. I love it here.

I play other games, but not so much immersive computer ones, except for this one. I am loving Pokemon Go and I say that without shame. I like board games, but have never been part of a tabletop community - I grew up in Alaska, and I just never found that tribe. They might have been around, but I never found them. I did play MtG for awhile and loved it, but just didn't have enough friends that played to be able to keep it up. I just found there's a hobby shop near me that has a Friday Night Magic game, I may drop in and see what that's like. But, as a middle aged lady -- I might not fit in with all the young gamers. We'll see.

As for other things about me, I'm an actor/singer and a mom to a 12 year old girl, who is Silver in Lotro but rarely plays anymore. My husband plays also, but rarely chats in game - he's more of a solo player. I started this kinship 3 years ago, I think? 

Why Lotro? Because the lore is so rich and multi-faceted. Because it's meaningful and not silly. And there are Hobbits.

I am a minstrel, that's my main. I play other classes - but the minstrel is the only one I am more than a button-masher with, lol! I like playing the other classes, but the minstrel is the one I love. I love healing. :)

top TV Shows: Oh, that's difficult. Firefly. Quantum Leap. The West Wing. Jessica Jones, at the moment. 

top movies? Oh, I can't. You'd have to give me a genre!! Comfort films? Classic Films? Musicals? Sci Fi/Fantasy? I love movies, I can't possibly... I just can't possibly (but the African Queen would be on the list.)

Bands/music - another tough one. I listen to Broadway Cast Albums mostly. *cough* But I like Plain White T's, and there's always The Beatles and Simon & Garfunkel and Loreena McKennit on my iPod. Also Weird Al. 

And Pirates. Totally Pirates. Women pirates. With corsets and really big swords.

Flamenca

Algonacy
Officer

Welcome.  I am glad you are here.  That is a bit of energy you just drug in with you which I think is great and I look forward to being around it.

All my character names end in "Cy" which is short for Cyclones which is the mascot for the Iowa State University Cyclones which I am an alumni of and a supporter of their athletic programs.  So in-game, many people just call me Cy.

This is my only MMO, but I was a first-person shooter since the original Wolfenstein and moved up through the ranks over time.  However, since starting in LOTRO 5-6 years ago, I haven't played a FPS shooter for a very long time.  My second computer gaming love though is strategy RPG games, especially the Civ series and am looking for forward to the soon release of Civ6.

Love board games, a few weeks ago my future son-in-law introduced me to a new board game I had never played called "Ticket to Ride".  Good fun.  Always nice trying to develop strategies for new games and such.

Why LOTRO?  I first read the hobbit around 40 years ago and it forever changed not only my book-reading habits, but I would say to some degree it changed "me" and my psyche.  I was a different person after reading Hobbit/LOTR than I was before I read it.  I knew more about me and what I hoped to be.  Yes, I wanted to be a Ranger or an Elf, but I also wanted to be loyal and courageous and trustworthy and.... you know all that hero stuff that Tolkien writes about.

Favorite class in game?  That changes all the time and I can't commit to one.  At this time I am bored with my hunter (who has always been my main) and not because he can't do as much DPS as other classes, but I just don't find him as interesting right now.  I am currently alting a Champ up through the ranks and finding out that I love doing this dual-wielding AOE damage stuff. I have the following classes at level 105 and have found I like different things about all of them: Hunter, Mini, Warden, Rune-Keeper, and Lore-Master.  My Champ is at lvl 66 and I have a Burg and Guard in the mid-20's doing some stuff.  I have not rolled a Champ or Beorn yet.  Someday, hopefully.

Favorite Character: Aragorn II, son of Arathorn

TV shows: Currently Game of Thrones, Daredevil, and Big Bang Theory (although I thought last season was pretty weak)

3 movies:  IMDB says I have rated 1,139 different titles and in that huge amount, I have only rated 10 things as a 10/10.  And two of those are TV shows, so I will not list them here.  However, I can't pick 3 from the other 8 and since this is Murica, I'm just going to do what I want and list all 8 and you can't stop me (it's my first amendment right you know).

The Dark Knight, The Godfather, Forrest Gump, Pulp Fiction, Lotr/Fellowship of the Ring, Blade Runner, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the Seven Samurai.

3 bands: That fluctuates wildly depending on mood and present attitude about life and where I'm at.  So as I reflect upon 3 bands that I would desperately want to hear their music if I was stuck on a tropical island for the rest of my life they would have to be U2, Bruce Springsteen, and Rush.  Although, to be honest, I don't find myself listening to those groups very much on a daily/weekly basis.

Ninja's, totally ninja's.  I don't like being up front and in view.  Behind the scenes.  Invisible.  

Isucy - support toon, Taracy - DPS/Heal toon; these are all max level, non end-game alts

Bergcy, Coycy, Poncacy, Gocy, Mckency - all non max level currently

(I have a creep.... can't remember his name but I'm sure it has a "CY" in it)
Fravashi

Hello all thanks for the replies! 

@Flamenca: An actor/singer/mom! That is awesome!! haha who doesn't love show tunes and musicals?! Pirate women are the absolute best!! I'm hoping the west coast has some cool festivals/fairs to attend with many, many pirate chicas for me to be turned down by. :D

@Cy: Ticket to Ride is a great game! Wow, rated over 1000+ titles?! Crazy! You prefer the stealthy approach or just manipulating the game pieces?

I had a problem picking 3 movies too. There are too many great ones or bad ones I love or some I just like to sing with. 

I look forward to meeting more of the wallflowers in the group and getting some buzz! 

Algonacy
Officer

You prefer the stealthy approach or just manipulating the game pieces?

That is the kind of question a true ninja would never answer  

Ninja guy

Isucy - support toon, Taracy - DPS/Heal toon; these are all max level, non end-game alts

Bergcy, Coycy, Poncacy, Gocy, Mckency - all non max level currently

(I have a creep.... can't remember his name but I'm sure it has a "CY" in it)
Tosca
El Amor Brujo
Leader

Agree on Ticket to Ride. We don't own it, but we played it with friends, and it was super fun.

And Festivals, yes! In fact, we have a Pirate Festival! Are you thinking of visiting the West Coast?  

Fravashi

I just moved to central coast region in Cali, where the internet bandwidth sucks and the sky is always blue, like pretty blue - like everyday. It's strange.  

But I imagine this year round weather makes folks always gather for food and drinks. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of Play Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: