View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iogi

re: A Proper Introduction

Hello House of Play

Thank you for inviting me in.

My RL name is Greg.     

As I have grown quite old, perhaps ancient even, the tale of who I am would be very long if I were pressed to tell it. Let me just say that I'm a flatlander, living in the USA in a State that you can show your location using the palm of your right hand. Somewhat near the center of the pad of the thumb. Blessed with a lot of water we are. And a large bridge up north. The upper half of out State believes us to be Trolls, residing under the bridge so to speak. I'm retired so have a lot of free time when I'm not in my woodshop fighting with the ferrets over who owns what tools.

I am very fond of Lotro, being in world now for 8 years. My characters names began with a mini IanAnder, a reference to 'A Minstrel in the Gallery', an album by Jethro Tull. Soon after I created many characters using the same name but changing vowels (Ianandar, Ianandir, Ianandor etc.)  I am not a Landroval native, having immigrated during the great leaving of Windfola. That was an unpleasant time, filled with fear and anxiety. I had to leave my kin behind while they fought over Arkenstone or Crickhollow. I made the better choice. I have wanted to be here for years but just could not face rerolling and grinding up the levels again. Besides, my characters have character and personality, I'm quite fond of them.

The opportunity to move to Landy gave me the chance to use more imagination renaming my characters. So I began with Ianter, which means 'Old One' in elvish. Showing even greater imagination I quickly locked down Iantar, Iantir, Iantor...ok so much for my limited imagination. Currently the only character in HoP is Iogi, a Beorning whose name us pretty obvious.

My game style is pretty laid back. I'm not a completionist. I never saw the point in gear chasing when it's obsolete so quickly. I could be convinced otherwise if presented with a good argument. In game I am very quiet, not so much from being shy as not having what I consider to be anything important to add to the conversation.

I am clueless on group efforts, having soloed the entire game. I am certainly open to group play as long as you are aware ahead of time I have no idea what I'm doing and will probably wipe the effort. Consequently I do not Raid. I don't even know what a box run is.

Favorite Class: Warden.  Then Beorning, Rune Keeper, Lore Master and Mini.

Favorite music...impossible to choose. Pink Floyd is up there. I want Santans's 'Europa' played at my funeral when I finally have one. Dire Straits is in the top 5. Led Zep. Rock Sugar. If it's Rock I probably have it. Disco is NOT Rock. Neither was the 80's. See, told you I was old.

I read Jenny Lawson's Blog and feel sorry for Victor. How messed up is that?

I once played Deus Ex for 14 hours. Walked into my hallway and threw myself into the dining room because the smoke alarm looked like a gun turret. Resident Evil 2 made me scream like a little girl. I got addicted to Triple Triad in Final Fantasy 8 and missed work. Several times.  Loved Guild Wars. Tried to like the sequel. I keep returning to Fallout. I keep returning to Elder Scrolls.

Well that is quite enough about me, much more than I was initially intending to share. To quote Katsumoto, 'This has been a good conversation.'

Thank you again for inviting me into your world.

Greg

Algonacy
Officer

Thanks Greg for the fabulous intro.  We have many same interests, but many differences too.  I look forward to getting you into one of my box runs so we can wipe together.  No one in this kin is afraid of wiping fellowship runs.  We all excel at it.  Give me a shout in game and we'll do some stuff together!  See you soon.

Cy

Isucy - support toon, Taracy - DPS/Heal toon; these are all max level, non end-game alts

Bergcy, Coycy, Poncacy, Gocy, Mckency - all non max level currently

(I have a creep.... can't remember his name but I'm sure it has a "CY" in it)
Barnabras

Hello hello and welcome, I live lower on the thumb, closer to the meaty palm.

Horrorbuisness Rank 9 BA

Pawpatrol Rank 7 Warg

Webdeveloper Rank 7 Weaver
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of Play Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: